Praying for the Victims of Michael
After opening my front door, I surveyed my property. Pine limbs littered my lawn. Fortunately, our lights flickered but never went out for any significant amount of time. Realizing I would spend a few hours cleaning up minor debris, I thanked God for our safety.
Returning inside, I turned the television to the Weather Channel. Only to see images of complete devastation. One reporter stood in front of a long line of overturned train cars blasted by the storm. Another asked the camera to pan to see buildings that appeared as a pile of broken matchsticks. The panhandle of Florida lies in ruin. People’s lives and livelihood lay in shambles. My heart aches.
Honestly, I planned to introduce a new type of post today, but I was prompted to write this instead. We need to pray. So, what should we pray for?
- Thank God for those who escaped harm’s way.
- Pray for those who are waking to a season of bereavement.
- Pray for those whose homes and businesses are destroyed.
- Pray for those who do not have power or utilities.
- Pray for those who are in need of rescue.
- Pray for rescuers, first-responders, and linemen.
- Pray for government agencies and non-profit agencies to quickly assess and administer aid.
Again, please take a minute out of your day to pray for the victims of Hurricane Michael. Go volunteer in some capacity or give to a charitable organization. We must come together in moments of crisis! Here are some organizations you can donate to: